Our Caterpillar class meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings (9:30am – 12:00pm). The typical daily flow is:
- Arrive | Muscle room play
- Meeting | Sing, Reflect, Problem solve, Make a plan
- Choice Time | Blocks, Drama, Sensory play, Easel, etc.
- Clean Up | Each child has a job
- Snack | Family style
- Outside | Breathe deeply, Run, Climb, Laugh, Dig.
- Good-Byes | Gather belongings, Sing the Goodbye Song.
Children must turn 2 by March 1 of the enrollment year and may not turn 5 before June 1 of the enrollment year. Each class has 4-5 working grown-ups and the 2 teachers for a low child to adult ratio of 3:1. However, when all enrolled students are at least 3 years old, the ratio may change to 5:1.