Our Salmon class meets Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons (12:30pm – 3:30pm). The typical daily flow is:
- Arrive | Play Outside! Breathe deeply, Run, Climb, Laugh, and Dig
- Meeting | Songs, Lessons, Examples
- Choice Time | Blocks, Drama, Sensory play, Easel, Snack, etc.
- Play Partners | Each child is assigned a different partner. They make a plan and carry it through.
- Clean Up | Each child works to restore the room. See it, clean it.
- Good-Byes | Gather belongings, final books, and Sing the Goodbye Song
Children must turn 3 by August 31 of the enrollment year and may not turn 5 before June 1 of that year. Priority enrollment is given to age 3.5 and older. Each class has 3 working grown-ups and the 2 teachers for a child to adult ratio of 5:1.